Success Coaching is a powerful relationship in which the client and Success Coach work together to define what success means to the client and design a course of action that will result in achieving success.
Success means different things to different people. Some people define success in terms of professional and financial rewards. Others may see it as doing what they love and being paid for it, while others may define it as living in alignment with their values and purpose. What is your definition of success? If you could design your life anyway you wanted, what would it look like? Your clarity of purpose provides both a foundation and launching pad for your success. When creating a life by design, it is important to remember that success is a journey. At different periods of your life, your definition of success will likely change. It’s not only about reaching the summit, but also enjoying the climb.
- Help their clients define what success means to the individual.
- Help people set meaningful goals and then reach those goals.
- Help their clients move through obstacles, self-imposed limitations and fears.
- Ask their clients to do more than they would have done on their own.
- Focus their clients better to more quickly produce results.
- Provide the tools, support and structure to accomplish more.
What types of people does a Success Coaching work with?
Success Coaches work with people who are:
- Eager to move to a higher level of functioning
- Seeking focus, strategy, and motivation
- What to design and meaningful future
- What to learn new skills
- Seeking more balance in their lives
How is Success Coaching Different from Consulting?
Consulting and Success Coaching differ greatly. Consulting requires that the consultant have expertise in the area that the client seeks advice, whereas Success Coaches do not advise their clients at all, but rather hold the client as creative and resourceful. In a consulting relationship the consultant holds the power in the relationship; in Success Coaching the coach/client partnership holds the power.
Why hire a Success Coach?
People hire a Success Coach because:
- They want more meaning and fulfillment in their personal or professional life.
- They want to grow and accomplish more than they currently are.
- They want to fell like what they’re doing is moving them into a better position in life.
- The though of continuing to do what they’ve been doing is just no longer an option.
What happens when one hires a Success Coach?
Many things, but the most important are:
- One takes oneself more seriously.
- One takes more effective and focused actions immediately.
- One stops putting up with what is dragging one down.
- One creates momentum so it’s easier to get results.
- One sets better goals that one might not have without the Success Coach.
- One discovers which perspectives move one forward and which do not.
Where does the Success Coach focus with an average client?
Success Coaches focus on:
- Getting the client clear about what they what to accomplish.
- Helping the client beef up their reserves.
- Helping the client set goals based on their personal values.
- Helping the client choose effective perspectives that motivate positive action.
Why does Success Coaching work?
Success Coaching works for several reasons:
- Synergy between the Success Coach and client creates a powerful momentum.
- Meaningful goals are set which naturally pull the client toward the goal.
- The client develops new skills, and these skills translate into more success.
Why is Success Coaching so popular?
Success Coaching is popular for several reasons:
- Many people are tired of doing what they have been doing and are ready to do something special and meaningful for the rest of their lives. The problem is, many people cannot clearly see what they’d rather have, or if they can, they can’t see a way to restructure their life around it. A Success Coach can help them do both.
- People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that several years ago might have felt out of reach or like a pipe dream. A Success Coach is not a miracle worker but a Success Coach does have a large tool kit to help their big idea become a reality. Fortunately, people now have time and resources to invest in themselves in this kind of growth.
What about people who are already doing great in their lives. Why would they need a Success Coach?
They might not need a Success Coach. But it is helpful to find out: Are they doing what they most enjoy? Are they tolerating anything? Is life easy? Are they going to be financially independent within the next 15 years? Do they have what they most want? Often, people need to expect more out of their lives. A Success Coach can help in this process.